Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Teri Hatcher Fuming Over 'Untrue' Desperate Housewives Quit Claims

Teri Hatcher has blasted "ridiculously untrue" reports she's quit Desperate Housewives, insisting she will stay on the show until "it's cancelled".

The actress, who has played Susan Mayer in all seven series of the drama since it began in 2004, was said to have told executives at ABC the next season will be her last.

Britain's Sunday Express reported she was leaving the show so she could work on a new series - but Hatcher is fuming over the story, branding it a "reckless fabrication".

She's taken to her Facebook.com page to reassure fans she's continuing with her role, which she describes as "one of the highlights of my career", and is demanding a "retraction and apology" over the report.

In a series of posts, she writes, "There are not enough adjectives to describe how stupid, off base, and ridiculously untrue this is... What disturbs me the most is that one fan would consider for one second that I would 'quit' what has been... one of the highlights of my career for which I am grateful on a daily basis.

"I have never said nor inferred otherwise... I am awaiting a retraction and apology at the least... I will say it again, I love Dh, the cast and crew are like family and I am with it till it's cancelled."

Hatcher has also praised the makers of Desperate Housewives for their "new energy" on the current season, which has seen Vanessa Williams land a role.

She adds, "Vanessa Williams and the writers have brought a new energy to the show this year and I expect and hope it can continue on for a long time. I meet many people who still find so much joy in watching it and I want everyone to know I'm joyful to be involved to this day and that's not going to change."

No comments: