Friday, November 12, 2010

Jim Carrey Feared Three Stooges Movie Would Have Damaged His Health

Jim Carrey has opened up about his decision to quit the Three Stooges movie - he feared gaining weight to play chubby character Curly would cause him drastic health problems.

The funnyman began binging on desserts after signing on to play the larger-than-life Stooge, opposite Sean Penn and Benicio del Toro in the long-awaited film.

But Carrey admits he was forced to pull out when he realised he wouldn't be able to lose the pounds he'd piled on.

He tells MTV.com, "I think it's dead. It's dead at least to me.

"There wasn't any creative difficulties that led to this exit, but rather the weight gain for the role. For me, I don't really want to do anything halfway, and I don't feel like a fat suit does it. I started experimenting with it a little bit, and I gained 35, 40 pounds. I wanted to gain another 30, 40.

"When you're (Robert) De Niro in your 20s or early 30s, you can kind of come back from that (weight gain). It's a tough thing to come back from when you're upwards of 30. Your body can't carry it or you can have a cardiac arrest."

Penn also bowed out of the project last year, citing personal reasons.

No additional information is available on the movie's filming status.

No comments: