Saturday, November 20, 2010

Anne Hathaway Dreams Up Perfect Glee Role

Anne Hathaway is so desperate to land a guest role on hit TV musical Glee, she has already come up with her ideal role and planned out the entire episode in her mind.

The Devil Wears Prada star admits she's a huge fan of the Ryan Murphy creation and would jump at the chance to appear alongside its leading stars Matthew Morrison and Lea Michele.

And she's worked out the whole storyline and the song she'd love to sing.

Hathaway says, "In my head I've written a part for me... That's so arrogant and obnoxious! Ryan Murphy, like no one else wants to be on your show!

"In my head, I've cast myself in Glee and I know what song I'm going to sing! I would wanna play Kurt's long-lost aunt's mother's sister who is also gay, (who) comes back to help him deal with his sexuality, and I would sing You Are Not Alone from Steven Sondheim's epic show Into the Woods."

Hathaway isn't the only celebrity fan of Glee - Britney Spears and Gwyneth Paltrow are also regular viewers and have both made cameos in the show. Paltrow received rave reviews for her portrayal of substitute teacher Holly Holliday in an episode which aired in America on Tuesday.

No comments: