Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ryan O'Neal Keeps a Shrine to Farrah Fawcett

Ryan O'Neal built a small memorial to his late lover Farrah Fawcett, who died last year from anal cancer. He keeps memoirs and photographs of the Charlie's Angels star and their families on top of his TV in his bedroom, his daughter revealed.

Tatum O'Neal -- with whom he recently reunited after several years' estrangement -- revealed: "He has this thing, like a shrine, on top of his television in his bedroom. There is a picture of Farrah and pictures of his kids."

Tatum -- who starred with her father in a number of films as a child, including Paper Moon, where she won an Oscar aged 10 -- noticed the shrine during a recent visit to her father's home.

The pair have always had a troublesome relationship but managed to put their past behind them after they met up for the first time in years at Farrah's funeral.

However, Ryan initially didn't recognize Tatum and asked her out on a date.

She explained: "Dad hadn't seen me in a long time and I looked a lot different, with long hair. So he says to me, as a joke, 'Hey baby, you want to go and get a drink?' I said, 'Daddy, you know I don't drink,' and then he realized it was me and went, 'Tatum!' "

The pair are now trying to rebuild their father/daughter relationship and focus on the future.

Tatum explained: "I love my father but I also realize he won't change. These days I treat him with respect and love. He told me he's sorry for the past. When he wasn't in my life, it felt like a part of me was missing."

Ryan and Farrah were together between 1982 and 1997, and again from 2001 until her death. They have one son, Redmond, together.

No comments: