Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Bachelorette‘s Jonathan Novack Still Has a Sunny Outlook About Love

Houston-based weatherman Jonathan Novack, and former South Florida weatherman at WSVN, predicted sunny skies on his quest for love on The Bachelorette, but ultimately found only stormy weather.

The 30-year-old, who plans to move to Los Angeles soon to find fame on television, recounted his Speedo situation, his quarrels with Craig and all his wrong moves with Ali Fedotowsky.

What went wrong?
There was just not chemistry there. Whether or not that was a result of not spending enough time with her, I’m not sure. If we had had more time, maybe there would have been.

You seemed very nervous whenever Ali was around. Think that contributed?
I was just having a great time going out on dates with Ali and getting to know the guys. The most nerve-wracking parts were the rose ceremonies. They were stressful for everybody. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.

What about the awkward video kiss?
It was the scene. It was acting. I’m trying to get into the character which I was told needed to be emotional [because] I kiss her, she gets upset and runs away. The guys were impressed I could bring tears on cue. I said, “If you don’t want to do this, let me know.” She never told me. I went in for the kiss; she avoided it. She turned her head. Then the next few takes, the music came on, it got emotional and she finally went in for the kiss.

What about your wardrobe for the calendar shoot?
I ended up looking pretty good in the Speedo. I was pleasantly surprised. Ask any guy [to wear one] and they’re going to be hesitant. What really came across was I kept asking for a wardrobe change and it was hard to find out who I should be speaking to and it dragged out. I started getting annoyed.

Talk about your nemesis, Craig M.
He wouldn’t be the guy you’d want your daughter to date. I defended myself pretty well. I’d knock him down with a great comeback and everybody would laugh. But when he almost started a fistfight with Jesse and producers had to keep pulling Craig away all night. It was starting to get out of hand and somebody needed to say something.

Were you concerned about being labeled a tattletale?
Ali brought out that box the first episode and wanted guys to tell her who they thought was not there for the right reasons. She made it clear she wanted to know these types of things because of her experience on The Bachelor and the things Jake didn’t see. My intentions were sincere.

Turns out the bigger jerk may have been Justin as he allegedly has a girlfriend at home.
I gave Justin the benefit of the doubt for a while. I didn’t think it was a big deal that he showed a T-shirt the first night. He wasn’t treating anyone in the house badly like Craig M. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s that big of a jerk. He was his own worst enemy and [if the girlfriend thing is true], he destroyed any virtuous character traits. The guys didn’t like him and, in the end, they might have been right.

Do you think there’s a guy in the house that’s right for Ali?
I was surprised at the conversation she had with Chris where she said she was a little scared to maybe open up. I think she might be able to fall in love with Roberto. Maybe Kirk. Roberto was the most stand-up, great guy — a solid dude. She seems to see that in him. Frank is a really nice guy, funny, but he was attached a little too quickly thinking she’s his girlfriend and I don’t think that’s a trait that she would look for. Roberto is more grounded.

You were already public figure. How has the reaction been to your reality TV stint?
I’ve been doing the weather here for three years and don’t get recognized. I’m on one episodes of The Bachelorette and now everybody is coming up to me. Overall, it’s been positive. No milkshakes thrown at me like in the movie The Weatherman. My contract ran down at the station and people say they miss me and to come back.

How are you handling all the chatter that you’re actually gay?
I haven’t heard that. They can think what they want; it’s not true. If you ask any of my friends that, they’d be laughing their asses off. I’ll never wear that white jacket again. Technically, Craig M. also wore that jacket so they can start spreading those rumors about him.

What did you take away from your Bachelorette experience?
Seeing that there are great girls out there [gives] me hope that I can find somebody.

No comments: