Monday, June 14, 2010

J. Lo Exclusive: 'Working with Tom was Amazing!'

Extra recently had an exclusive chat with Jennifer Lopez, and she talked about her MTV Movie Awards experience, dancing with Tom Cruise, for the first time.

Working with Tom was amazing!" Lopez gushed to Extra, while attending the Boys and Girls Clubs of America event in New York on Thursday. "I'm such a hard worker, and I'm kind of intense about my job. It's great to work with someone who is just as intense and passionate and crazy about getting everything right."

The two started rehearsing for the musical number a month in advance. "[Tom] called me a month before and said, 'I have this idea. I'm doing this thing for the MTV Movie Awards, and I want it to be a surprise.'" She continued, "I said OK, we'd do a little mash-up of [Ludacris' 'Get Back' and a Lopez's song 'Get Right']. I come out and sing a little and then we dance together. But [I told him] you have to learn this cane dance that I do in the video."

Lopez was thoroughly impressed with Cruise's moves. "The thing with that routine is that it is one of the hardest routines. But he did it. He really, really did it. And he did a great job. I was really proud of him." The actress/singer also wants to clear the air about the recent rumor that she and her husband, Marc Anthony, renewed their wedding vows. "We didn't. This is an absolute lie," Lopez said. "We just had our anniversary and had some people over to the house." She did add, "Maybe we will one day..."

No comments: