Monday, June 28, 2010

O'Neal Family Commemorates Anniversary of Farrah Fawcett's Passing

Ryan, Tatum and Redmond O’Neal commemorated the one year anniversary of the death of Farrah Fawcett Friday by visiting the actress’ Los Angeles gravesite.

Redmond, Fawcett’s 25-year-old son, was on a day pass from a sober living facility where he is undergoing court-ordered drug rehab.

"I saw my mom’s gravesite for the first time today," Redmond said at a private gathering Friday evening to celebrate the opening of The Farrah Fawcett Foundation, founded to promote funding for alternative methods of cancer research. "I miss my mother so much. I’m glad she’s not suffering anymore. I know she’s looking down on us."

"I wish I could talk to her," Ryan said of his companion of more than 25 years. "Having Farrah gone has been very hard. It hurts. I don’t know what Redmond is going through. He is quiet about it, but he must be suffering terribly."

"Dad is an emotional man, and Farrah’s death has taken its toll on him," says Tatum, who recently reconciled with her father after years of estrangement. "But our being able to reconnect as a family is so beautiful. Farrah would be so happy that we’re all here."

No comments: