Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jennifer Grey to Undergo Surgery Due to Dancing With The Stars Injury

When Jennifer Grey clinched a first-place win on Dancing with the Stars last week, she left the ballroom with the mirror-ball trophy – and a ruptured disk in her lower back.

Now that she's done with her weekly dance duties, the Dirty Dancing star, 50, is due to undergo surgery either this week or next, reports Access Hollywood.

"It's just going be like a little surgery where they take out the ruptured disc thing, and you know, it won't be a big deal," she says. "Compared to the other surgeries I had on my neck, my doctor says it won't be a big deal. I'll be home that night."

These "other surgeries" refer to the procedures Grey underwent as a result of the 1987 car accident that left her with two decades worth of chronic neck pain. It was one of these surgeries, which she underwent last year, that revealed she had thyroid cancer. (She later had her entire thyroid removed.)

But it was the spirit of the show that took the pain – which was made obvious by the ice pack tucked into her costume on the show's finale – away, she says.

"I got to tell you, the win and the experience of doing – more the experience of doing Dancing with the Stars – already, like I don't even remember the pain I was in a week ago," she says. "I just have some discomfort in [my] back that needs to be taken care of ... Okay, it's a little more than discomfort."

No comments: