Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal Explains Why He Took the 'Love and Other Drugs' Role

Jake Gyllenhaal was thrilled when he came across the script for Love and Other Drugs because, at the time, he was questioning love in his own life. Since then, he's cozied up with Taylor Swift so we doubt he's still asking those same questions these days...

He told BANG Showbiz: “I just think there comes a time in different people’s lives where they say do I have real love? Do I want real love? What is real love? With the script I seemed to be in a time when that was a pressing question. “

Jake felt such a deep connection with the movie that he broke down in tears when he first read the script as it was so close to his frame of mind at the time.

He explained: “With this, I very rarely have a moment where I get excited and I go, ‘Somebody wrote this for me and they don’t know it.’ And I felt that way when I read this the first time and I was loving the character at first and then I was crying at the end because I felt like when he says, ‘Sometimes your life doesn’t go the way you expect it too,’ and usually it doesn’t. And if you follow life and not really think it should be that way then it’ll all work out in the end. That just really moved me to the core and I couldn’t not do it.”

No comments: