Thursday, December 30, 2010

Michelle Williams: I Will Watch Brokeback Mountain With My Daughter One Day

Michelle Williams met late boyfriend Heath Ledger on the set of 'Brokeback Mountain,' but so far, it's been too difficult to show their daughter, four year-old Matilda.

The actress, nominated for a Golden Globe for this year's indie hit 'Blue Valentine,' spoke with Angeleno Magazine about, among other things, growing up herself alongside a daughter without her very famous father. In some ways, it's baby steps for the young girl.

"I was just an actor who happened to be lucky enough to be in the right place, and it was the place where I met Matilda's father, and that is a lot," she said. "It was a lot. And it will be a lot for Matilda too, when she gets around to watching it. I will watch it with her, when she's ready. It is hard to imagine what that would feel like, but one day, yes, we will watch it together."

For now, Matilda is maturing in other ways -- one slow day at a time.

"Her hair is down to her chin and she has decided she can have her bangs trimmed, but she doesn't want a bob anymore," Williams explained. A bob is cute for a three-year-old but she is five now... It's crazy how fast time is going for me and how agonizingly slow it is going for her. When she was four she would say 'I am four and a half,' 'I am four and five-sixths,' 'four and seven-eighths,' because all the increments mattered."

With time moving so quickly for Williams, she has grown a lot in her own ways, in large part because of what she went through.

"I've done a lot. I have taken on a lot of things earlier than would be the standard in terms of working, of being in a serious relationship and having a child. I was 25 when I had Matilda and so I feel like I have caught up to myself, and 30 feels like a number that maybe matches all those things a little bit better."

No comments: