Monday, December 6, 2010

Madonna's New Man Says She's 'Just a Woman'

Madonna started dating French dancer Brahim Zaibat just over a month ago, and the hunk insists that despite her international pop star status, they had a perfectly normal meeting.

He explained: “It all started on September 22 at the launch of Madonna's new ready-to-wear clothing range.

“I performed a solo to ‘Material Girl.’ Then I met Madonna on the sidelines, and she just thanked me for my show.

“It wasn't like meeting a monster! She's just a woman, like all the others. She's an extraordinary artist and world famous, of course, but a woman above all.

“You know she wasn't the first well known female singer I'd met. I was delighted to meet her but not stressed out.”

Some showbiz commentators have questioned the sustainability of a relationship between the 52-year-old pop superstar and Brahim, 24, since he speaks little English and is a devout Muslim, whereas Madonna speaks no French and is a strict follower of Judaism off-shoot Kabbalah.

She is also eight years older than her boyfriend’s mother, but Brahim remains confident they have a future together.

When asked if he listened to the star’s records, he told France's Grazia magazine: “It wasn't the kind of sound I had on my iPod but I knew her tracks. I've since pretty much listened to all she's done.

“She's put lots of breakdance and hip-hop in her last tracks and she's passionate about dance. Her dream as a child was to become a dancer. That's another thing we have in common.”

Before Brahim, Madonna dated another 24-year-old toy boy, Brazilian model Jesus Luz.

After he was linked to the music icon, Jesus went from being a struggling model to earning $20,000 a night as a DJ and landing photo shoots for Dolce and Gabbana.

However, Brahim is not interested in the possible fame which may come his way from his relationship with the ‘Hung Up’ hitmaker, saying: “I just want to get on with my life -- for everything to be normal.”

No comments: