Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hugh Jackman Takes Fitness Tips From The Rock

Hugh Jackman has been taking tips from former wrestler Dwayne Johnson as he struggles to bulk up for his latest Wolverine movie.

The Australian actor is bringing his X-Men character back for a second solo outing and director Darren Aronofsky has ordered him to hit the gym and make sure he is even more muscled for the X-Men Origins: Wolverine sequel.

Jackman admits he's finding it tough to put on 25 pounds of muscle for the role as the clawed mutant before filming begins early next year, so he called The Rock for advice.

He told Entertainment Weekly, "(Twenty five pounds) is more than I ever have (put on) for the role. It's not easy for me. Because I'm actually quite long and lean. I had a chat with Dwayne Johnson, who did 25 pounds for his movie (Faster). I rang him up and was like, 'Okay, tell me what's going on'."

The website reports Jackman followed Johnson's tips and is now consuming around 6,000 calories a day to gain the extra muscle, gorging on chicken, steak, and brown rice.

No comments: