Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Glee's Chris Colfer on his Golden Globe Nomination and His New Big-Screen Project

Glee‘s Chris Colfer now has more to be glee-ful about than a phenomenal second season: He’s been nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor in TV Series, Mini-Series, or Made-for-TV Movie.

Shortly after finding out about his nod, Colfer rang Entertainment Weekly to talk about the Globes, as well as his upcoming foray into movies.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So how did you find out? Were you awake?
CHRIS COLFER: I woke up with a phone call. I was not awake for the announcement. My publicist called me at 5 a.m., and I’ve been wide awake since.

Have you celebrated yet?
No not really! For one, all my friends are on the show and they’re working today! And all my family lives four hours away so I have no one to celebrate with. So I might go get some frozen yogurt and have a party by myself.
That feels kinda sad.
It’s sad, Tim. You can say it! [Laughs] It’s sad and pathetic.

Is it sweet to get nominated for the bullying storyline that’s been such a big part of this season?
Oh yeah. The storyline has been meaningful for so many people. It validates it as much as the feedback we’ve gotten from the people it’s affected and people that needed to see it.

Have you talked to your fellow acting nominees, Matthew Morrison, Lea Michele, and Jane Lynch?
I saw Matt, Jane, and Lea this morning and I tackled all of them.

Jane is like 6 feet tall! That’s impressive!
Oh yeah. She could take me and she has before. The only person I’m actually eligible to take down is Lea. She’s tiny but she’s powerful.

Are you working today?
I’m not, because I’m at the other school [Dalton Academy] so I only work once a week rather than everyday all day like the others do.

Is that weird now to not be working so much?
It was a nice break for the first two days, and now I feel like a housewife. I don’t know what to do with myself! I literally will sometimes sit at home and twitch. I’ve run all my errands, paid all my bills, seen all my doctors. There’s literally nothing else for me to do. I don’t think I could ever retire.

Maybe some pottery classes?
Oh, I’m already there.

You just wrote a screenplay, right? The teen comedy Struck by Lightning?
I did yes!

Can you tell me a little bit about it?
I can say that it’s probably not as good as Inception but it’s probably better than Sharktopus. It’s very strange that I’m actually talking about it now because it’s been a very secret project. I hate the whole taboo of actors that write and I never wanted to seem like that.

Will the character be different than Kurt?
It will be very different yes. It will be someone I wished I was in high school. And here will be no singing and dancing allowed.

No comments: