Monday, October 11, 2010

Pink to Film Gay Wedding for Music Video

Pop star Pink has depicted a same-sex wedding in her latest music video - after watching her lesbian best friend's "heartbreaking" blessing ceremony. The singer features gay couples in the new promo for her single "Raise Your Glass" and admits the idea was inspired by her own pal, who recently 'wed' in a commitment ceremony. California law forbids homosexual couples from legally marrying.

Pink explains, "I threw my best friend's wedding in my backyard. She is gay and it was a beautiful ceremony. At the end of it, her mom said, 'Why can't that be legal?' and started crying. It was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever seen and that's why I'm doing it in my video."

The "So What" hitmaker is set to be honoured for her work with the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community at the Human Rights Campaign's 14th annual National Dinner at the weekend. Veteran star Bette Midler will present her with the special Ally for Equality Award.

No comments: