Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gavin Rossdale Admits to Fling with British Androgynous Singer Marilyn

Gavin Rossdale has been married to No Doubt star Gwen Stefani for ages, but his love life before he met her was pretty experimental. Rossdale had a fling with gender-bending singer Marilyn in the 1980s, but he didn’t admit to the relationship before because of the “glare” of the media.

Gavin said: “I think at the outset there was a sort of fear -- that was right at the beginning of Bush, and I didn't want it to be part of it. It felt like a cheap shot, so I was like, ‘I'm not getting involved.’

“I've never wanted to appear closed about it. It's not something I've talked about really because it's always been in the glare of a tabloid world. It's just one of those things -- move on.

“When you're 17, Jesus Christ, I don't think there's anything strange about any form of anything -- you're learning about life. It's a part of growing up. That's it. No more, no less.”

Asked if it was a one-time experimentation, he said: “Yeah. That was it. You have to know what you like, and I know what I like.”

Gavin has also spoken candidly about his relationship with his 21-year-old model daughter Daisy Lowe.

The 44-year-old musician admits he feels more like a friend to Daisy, whom he only found out was his daughter in 2004 after her mother Pearl Lowe revealed her parentage.

Gavin, who had been Daisy’s godfather, added in an interview with Details magazine: “With the boys it’s traditional. I’m all they know and I’m with them all the time. With Daisy, I don’t know her in that context.

“The way I nurture those boys, I never got a chance with Daisy. I love my connection with her, but I don't have any say in who she is. With the boys it's my job to correct them and shape them. With Daisy, I just have to be respectful. I suppose it's more like a friendship.”

Marilyn previously claimed he had a five-year relationship with Gavin, which he agreed to keep secret for the sake of his rock career.

Marilyn (real name Peter Robinson) said: “He was the love of my life. We were together five years, but it felt like 40. He was just becoming successful in America. I agreed to lie against every grain of my being."

The androgynous singer’s close friend Boy George alleged the two men had a relationship in his autobiography 'Take It Like A Man.'

No comments: