Tuesday, October 12, 2010

'Fresh Start' for Freed George Michael

George Michael said yesterday that he wanted to make a fresh start and stop "running" from the media.

The 47-year-old was freed yesterday morning after serving half of an eight-week sentence for crashing his car under the influence of cannabis.

Speaking to reporters outside his London home, he said it was "fantastic" to be free.

"I'm coming out here on my own so that you'll realise I just want to start again," he said. "I'm going to try to stop running away from you guys. You'll get sick of me. You'll see me about."

He added: "I just want to say thank you for everybody who has supported me in there, it's quite inspirational."

The singer began his stretch at Pentonville but was moved to Highpoint in Suffolk.

He was convicted of crashing his car while under the influence of cannabis and was slumped over the wheel of his car when police found him on July 4th.

No comments: