Monday, March 1, 2010

Lady Gaga's Ex Said She'd Never Make It Big

Lady Gaga is determined to succeed, as she's proven with her slew of hit singles and truly memorable performances. And she's motivated by a little spite, as well, ever since a former lover told her she'd never be a famous pop star.

She told Cosmopolitan: "I had a boyfriend who told me I'd never succeed, never be nominated for a Grammy, never have a hit song, and that he hoped I'd fail. I said to him, 'Someday, when we're not together, you won't be able to order a cup of coffee at the f***ing deli without hearing or seeing me.' "

Needless to say, that dream came true. The 23-year-old starlet has had enormous chart success since she launched her career, and she scooped two Grammys at the most recent awards show.

Still, Lady Gaga claims she put up with a lot of negative comments in the past and only stuck with the music industry because of her unrealistic levels of ambition.

She said: "I ate s**t for so long, being told I didn't fit the mold and that I was 'too pop' or 'too theater'... I've always been delusionally ambitious to the point where people don't understand me."

No comments: