Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Blushing Simon Cowell Sort of Confirms He's Engaged

Simon Cowell scowling – typical. Simon Cowell blushing? Indeed.

The famously cantankerous American Idol judge squirmed in his seat on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Monday as the host dissected reports of Cowell's engagement to Idol makeup artist Mezhgan Hussainy.

"Are rumors you're engaged true?" Leno asked. Cowell took a moment and responded carefully, "Are they true? Well, I do have somebody in my life now, Jay, yes. And I kinda made a decision this year to make somebody happy."

As the audience cheered, Leno asked about the huge ring Hussainy has been sporting on her left hand.

"I thought she broke her arm," Leno joked. Cowell responded, "It's quite a big one, yes."

When Leno called Cowell out for turning red, Cowell confessed, "I am blushing." Leno asked, "Where did you, or may have, gotten engaged?" Cowell said, "I find this very uncomfortable. I was asleep, I think. No, look, I bought her the ring in London."

Later, Leno spotted Hussainy, 36, in the audience and invited her to come on stage to join Cowell, 50. The pair looked giddy and comfortable with each other, said a witness.

As Cowell and Leno joked about what role, if any, Leno would have in Cowell's future wedding – Cowell suggested Leno could be a flower girl – Cowell said that he would want a wedding "in the next 10 years" and on the subject of having children, added, "I'm kind of torn because I'm a bit too old to have kids, but then again I think it would be important to have a lot of me's around in the future."

No comments: