Monday, March 29, 2010

Is Lady Gaga the Next Michael Jackson?

Lady Gaga is definitely on fire right now -- with sold-out shows across the world, a huge fan following, crazy music videos, and an even crazier wardrobe -- so some might say she'll be one of those one-in-a-million performers who goes down in history in a big way, like Michael Jackson.

Gaga's producer Rodney Jerkins, who worked with her on her latest song "Telephone," which got about a billion views on the internet yesterday, said she reminds him of the late King of Pop, whom he worked with on the "Thriller" singers 2001 album Invincible.

Rodney told People.com: "We haven't seen an artist like Gaga in a long time - we haven't seen an artist that really has no fear. I remember Michael Jackson used to tell me he was crucified for doing Thriller, but he had to do what he felt was needed at that time. I'm just happy to be part of history.

I've always wanted to leave my stamp on music, and to be able to say that I worked with Michael Jackson and now I'm working with Lady Gaga, who'll probably go down in history as one of the best female entertainers of all time ."

He also talked about how he found the initial task of marrying together the "street" sound which Beyonce, who sings a verse of "Telephone," wanted with the disco theme the rest of the track has.

Rodney explained: "When I got on the phone with Beyonce, she was telling me she wanted her verses to have a hood, street element, and I actually was caught off-guard. I wondered, 'How am I going to do that? How am I going to make a disco/techno record and create a hood, street anthem vibe for her verse?' But once I got to the studio, it just kind of came to me."

No comments: