Thursday, March 4, 2010

Redmond O'Neal: Fighting to Stay Sober to Make Mom Farrah Proud

Redmond O'Neal, appearing in court Wednesday for a status hearing on his judge-ordered drug rehab, told People magazine that his late mother Farrah Fawcett is on his mind as he fights addiction.

"I'm doing great. I am focused on my recovery and plan not to let anything get in the way," O'Neal, 25, says. "I am doing my best to make my mother proud."

As part of the evaluation, L.A. Superior Court Judge Michael Tynan eliminated all home visits for O'Neal, who is in a one-year residential facility, telling him, "Right now, pal, you are still in trouble. You need to take a good look inside or nothing will ever change."

O'Neal's incarceration stems from a January 2008 drug arrest and a probation violation. He's scheduled for another progress report on April 7th.

"Redmond's status report was good," his attorney Richard Pintal said. "But the judge is keeping a careful eye on him. Redmond is still facing a tough road and today he got some tough love."

Fawcett died in June 2009 after a battle with cancer.

No comments: