Thursday, March 25, 2010

“Glee” Star Matthew Morrison Asserts His Heterosexuality in Elle

Sure, Matthew Morrison is a Broadway veteran who grew up singing and dancing but that doesn’t mean that he’s gay.

Still, the handsome Glee star did not feel the need to clarify that he is straight until he was pretty much cornered by a writer late last year during an interview for Elle magazine.

“That was, like, the worst interview I’ve ever done, and it kind of turned me off from doing interviews completely, because that guy was such a dick,” Morrison revealed to Zap2it. “It just turned into like a verbal sparring match and I was trying to be polite to him, but just right off the bat he came out with all these crazy accusations and stuff. So I was like, ‘Ok, buddy… .’ I was completely caught off-guard.”

Here is the exchange from that interview:

Elle: So, Matt, you’re a musical theater star who’s been interviewed by The Advocate and much discussed on Manhunt.com, and you star in Glee, a program that’s referred to as “the gayest show on TV.” You must feel particularly proud being the first gay man to grace this page.
Morrison: I’m not gay.

Elle: I had indeed read in various places that you’re straight, but in light of the circumstantial evidence, I wasn’t sure.
Morrison: I grew up singing and dancing, so people have been calling me gay since fifth grade. I’ve heard everything you could possibly hear about it. But I do love gay people, so I’m not going to act like I was insulted or angry about it.


You can read the rest of the interview on Elle.

No comments: