Monday, March 29, 2010

Ace Young Happy to Get Naked on Stage

Former American Idol finalist Ace Young may be used to performing in front of a live audience, but now he's doing it eight times a week completely naked!

"It's so freeing," the Colorado native says of Hair's infamous group nude scene.

Young, 29, premiered with fellow former Idol Diana DeGarmo in the Broadway musical earlier this month. "If I could walk down 42nd Street with a bar of soap and let the rain clean me, I would," he says. "I'm comfortable with my body."

To build stamina for his role as Berger, Young tacked early-morning sprints onto his regular weight-lifting routine. But he's less concerned with his diet: "I can really eat anything because the show is such a workout," he says of the pastrami sandwiches, burgers and two gallons of water he's been putting down each day. "I've even dipped back into eating Funyuns and Doritos," he admits.

In fact, after rehearsing six days a week for eight hours a day, the high-energy show is officially open and Young says, "I'm in the best shape of my life."

No comments: