Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sandra Bullock Jokes: I Find Betty White Annoying

It was supposed to be a sweet tribute – but Sandra Bullock couldn't help but zing her Proposal costar Betty White a little before presenting her with the Screen Actors Guild Life Achievement Award trophy on Saturday.

"Yes, I know that a lot of people really find Betty White inspiring," said Bullock. "I mean, she's been working in an industry for more than six decades in a business that doesn't exactly value getting older.

"Me, I find Betty White annoying," she deadpanned. "I'm sorry, it's true," she said, detailing highlights from White's illustrious, Emmy-winning career from her earliest work in the '50s to her present day roles. "Betty, you make me feel bad about myself. You make me feel like the slacker."

In good humor as usual, White was more than happy to dish it back as she took the stage to a standing ovation.

"She is such a wonderful one," she said, looking at Bullock. "Isn't it heartening to see how far a girl as plain as she is can go?"

"I should be presenting an award to you for the privilege of working in this wonderful business," White said. "And you still can't get rid of me. I was only 88 last Sunday, I got lots more stuff to do."

No comments: