Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jude Law is Tired of Being an 'Adonis'

Jude Law is 37 now, which mean he's almost 40 -- and he says he's reaching the end of his heartthrob screen status. For Jude, this sounds like a blessing in disguise.

He said: “I think it will be interesting to be old. It involves a lot of possibilities. The future doesn't frighten me at all. On the contrary, I am looking forward to it. If I have a look around at the moment I feel great relief because finally others are entering the limelight. Men like Robert Pattinson must now play the Adonis. For me it was always a restraint, a restriction.”

Jude, who has reconciled his romance with one-time fiancée Sienna Miller, insists he never wanted to be known as a hunk and felt the female attention he attracted hampered his career.

The actor said: “My goal was always to be recognized as a good actor but no one was interested in that, simply because society just wants to warm towards your appearance. This is the great blemish of society. When you suddenly appear on the scene and you are the new face, everything centres on you. I experienced this in my mid-20s and I found it rather hard.”

Jude isn’t only looking forward to hitting 40, he is also excited about getting even older. When asked what the best thing about getting older was, he joked to the Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper: “That you can take a nap whenever you want and that you can finally say everything you really want to say.”

No comments: