Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Elton John Won't Be Invited to the Royal Wedding

Here's one star who isn't eagerly checking his mailbox for the big wedding invitation.

Despite the buzz about him performing at the royal wedding on April 29th (whether officially or as a street performer outside Westminster Abbey, as he joked), Elton John says he won't make the invite list.

"I think because of my relationship with Princess Diana, people automatically think I'm going to be invited," John told Reuters.

But since he doesn't know Prince William well, "I'm not invited to the wedding, I would not expect to be invited to the wedding," he says.

Still, he's happy to join the throngs of well-wishers.

Prince William and Kate Middleton "seem very happy," says the singer, who performed at the 2007 London memorial concert for Princess Diana. "He's a terrific man, William, and he's going to be a great king."

Not to mention a great groom.

"These boys are their own people, they have their own friends," says John. "I just hope that they have the best day and its sunny and it's a great occasion for them."

No comments: