Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Matthew Goode Moved by Colin Firth's Performance in 'A Single Man'

Matthew Goode found his Single Man co-star, Colin Firth, "incredibly moving." The 32-year-old actor, who plays the role of Colin's character's deceased boyfriend in the Tom Ford-directed movie, admits he was impressed by the Mamma Mia! star's ability.

"One of the finest bits of acting I've seen in a while was Colin's character getting this phone call about his partner Jim's death," Goode told the Metro newspaper. "I find it incredibly moving. Colin has been a great actor since the beginning of his career but with this performance people are going to be surprised -- which they shouldn't be -- that he's really a terrific actor."

Matthew, who has previously starred in Woody Allen's Match Point and 2008's Brideshead Revisited, admits he is unlikely to ever be cast in a leading role.

"I'm not really that leading man thing," he said. "I'm sure I'm more likely to end up playing a teacher on some sort of Rhodesian farm in the 1930s drinking gin Martinis. I hope so, actually, that will be quite fun."

No comments: