Friday, February 26, 2010

America Ferrera Says Goodbye to Ugly Betty

Ugly Betty may be in its final season, but that doesn’t mean Betty herself is ready to let go.

“I’ve lived with this character who I’ve loved from day one and I have only grown to feel more connected to her,” the show’s star America Ferrera tells www.Parade.com. “Her entire journey was about a transformation, kind of coming into her womanhood and owning herself both physically and emotionally.”

And with four episodes left to shoot, Ferrera says, “I’m staying in denial for now — I’ll deal with all those emotions in a little bit. I imagine that when we finally wrap it’s not going to be a dry-eyed goodbye.”

But Ferrera says that playing Betty has changed her. “I never really pictured myself being on television. I couldn’t imagine a world coming along that would entice me enough to sign away years and years of my life to one character,” Ferrera says. “Then Betty came around. I was 21 when I started and I’ve learned so much and grown so much as a person.”

No comments: