Friday, February 12, 2010

Leonardo DiCaprio: 'Esquire' March 2010 Cover

Leonardo DiCaprio holds onto a cigar and makes a splash on the “The Essentials” edition of Esquire’s March 2010 issue, on stands February 16th. Here’s what some of what the 35-year-old actor spilled:

On fame before Titanic: “It wasn’t the era of penetrating Internet paparazzi that we have now. But my name wasn’t me anymore. I was sort of this thing. Kate felt it, too. But a lot of the attention was on me because of the teenage girls who repeatedly went to see the movie. I had the blond hair, and I was Jack Dawson, this heroic figure.”

When I sat in the theater, it was, Oh, my God, she’s the only person who looks completely natural. She’s the only person who has actually made her character into a real human being who would have an erratic moment because those erratic moments are what make you more human. That was a huge moment of discovery.

On Meryl Streep being the greatest actor in the world: “When I sat in the theater, it was, Oh, my God, she’s the only person who looks completely natural. She’s the only person who has actually made her character into a real human being who would have an erratic moment because those erratic moments are what make you more human. That was a huge moment of discovery. Meryl may be the greatest actor in the world.”

For more of Leo’s cover spread, visit
www.Esquire.com.

No comments: