Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Lesbian Twist on “Desperate Housewives”

Desperate Housewives certainly has not done well by its gay male characters so maybe its new lesbian storyline will be more satisfying.

Dana Delany’s just out of the loony bin Katherine and her new roommate Robin (Julie Benz from Dexter) shared a kiss on Sunday’s episode while on a girl’s night out.

At first, it was just to get a coupla jerky guys at the bar to leave them alone. But once they get home, Robin tells Katherine that she is a “card carrying” lesbian.

“I thought that kiss felt awfully convincing,” Katherine said.

Robin: “I realized, ‘Robin sweetie, you’re barking up the wrong tree.”

Katherine: “I think I have the right tree, I’m just sick of barking.”

She assures Robin that she has no problem with her sexuality but doesn’t seem interested until the very end of the episode when it is revealed that Katherine did in fact enjoy that kiss and no doubt will want more!

No comments: