Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Barbara Walters Kisses Oscar Specials Goodbye

One of the longest lasting relationships in Hollywood is over.

Barbara Walters said on The View on Monday her Academy Awards specials will be a thing of the past after this year.

"ABC has asked me to keep doing these specials as they have been so successful – and I’m thrilled we have such great stars and have such a wonderful show," Walters said. "But to be honest, I feel like I’ve ‘been there, done that.’"

Walters will exit with fanfare. This year, she’ll sit down with best actress frontrunner Sandra Bullock and best supporting actress nominee Mo’Nique, according to ABC News.

"This special has been a labor of love for 29 years. I will always remember when Hugh Jackman gave me a private lap dance or sitting down with the legendary Bette Davis or being taught to tango by Al Pacino," she said.

"It's those priceless moments that have made this special the Oscar tradition that it has become, but I truly feel enough is enough."

No comments: