Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Singer Nelly Furtado Doesn't Want Madonna's Exercise Routine

Singer Nelly Furtado isn't going to obsess about getting older. The pop star says she'd rather enjoy good food than stick to an intense exercise regime -- like some people she knows.

She said: “I am not ready to adjust physically, just to be marketable. My sell-by date will run out eventually. Unlike Madonna, I wouldn’t be willing to do Pilates round the clock, just to slow down the deterioration of my body. I prefer to sit in the kitchen, drink tea and eat biscuits.”

Nelly, who is married to sound engineer Demacio Castellon and has a six-year-old daughter from a previous relationship, took a two-year break after she finished promoting her 2006 album Loose and says she was enjoyed having the time to lead a more normal life.


She explained to Germany’s Petra magazine: “After the tour I was terribly exhausted and had to find a way back to a healthy routine. I cooked chicken soup for my family and just enjoyed everyday life. The small things that make you happy are important to me.”

No comments: