Thursday, November 26, 2009

Lady Gaga Does It for the Freaks

Outcasts, misfits and the forgotten of society, rejoice: Lady Gaga is doing it all for you.

"I didn't fit in in high school and I felt like a freak," she tells Ellen DeGeneres in an interview to air Friday. "So I like to create this atmosphere for my fans where they feel like they have a freak in me to hang out with and they don't feel alone."

"The whole point of what I do – The Monster Ball, the music, the performance aspect of it – I want to create a space for my fans where they can feel free and they can celebrate," the singer, 23, says.

It's all about letting people who don't fit in know that someone out there is fine with who they are – and that other people have gone through the same thing, the fan-loving musician says.

"This is really who I am, and it took a long time to be okay with that," she says. "Maybe in high school you, Ellen, you feel discriminated against. Like you don't fit in and you want to be like everyone else, but not really, and in the inside you want to be like Boy George – well, I did anyway. So I want my fans to know that it's okay. Sometimes in life you don't always feel like a winner, but that doesn't mean you're not a winner, you want to be like yourself. I want my fans to know it's okay."

No comments: