Wednesday, November 18, 2009

How Robert Pattinson Felt Doing His New Moon 'Striptease'

When Robert Pattinson bared his glistening chest in Italy last spring, Twi-hards nearly went blind. Now, the Twilight hunk breaks his silence on nearly taking it all off in New Moon!

"I felt pretty goofy stepping out into the sunlight in front of 2,000 people in a town square, ripping my clothes off," he told Parade.com. "I was essentially doing a striptease."

And although Team Edward devotees went berserk over the sight of his bare torso, Pattinson said shooting the scene in front of his fans – who flew across the world to be a part of the crowd – helped him connect with them on a deeper level.

"It was also one of the moments where I've really felt closest to people's emotional attachment to Edward," he says. "It was a moment where I've felt the whole weight of anticipation, and I guess responsibility as well, of being Edward, for all the people who were kind of so obsessed with the stories."

While going shirtless was "very nerve-wracking," the British hunk reveals that seeing a much more ripped Taylor Lautner on the set didn't help his ego.

"I had the same reaction as everybody else," he says of seeing Lautner for the first time. "It's like, 'Jeez, now I have to go to the gym.' "

No comments: