Saturday, November 28, 2009

Adam Lambert Jokes Being a People Magazine "Sexy Man" Inspired Performance

Adam Lambert's performance at the American Music Awards – during which he locked lips with a male and simulated oral sex – was deemed too sexual for some. And just weeks before that, the American Idol finalist was featured in People Magazine's Sexiest Men Alive issue. Coincidence? Maybe not: Lambert jokes that inclusion on the Sexy Man list may have inspired him.

"I don't know, maybe it went to my head and that's why I did the performance the way I did," the singer, 27, quipped to eTalk, a Canadian entertainment program.

Still, he said of the title, "It's very flattering. I don't think of myself like that, so that's crazy."

But does Lambert, who split from his longtime boyfriend, Drake LaBry, in October, think that being a Sexy Man will help him get more dates?

"No," he told eTalk, laughing. "I don't really have much of a social life right now."

No comments: