Saturday, August 8, 2009

Susan Lucci Shocked by All My Children's LA Move

It's not like she has to cross the wild prairie to get there, but for Susan Lucci the idea of moving west with her daytime drama All My Children is a overwhelming.

"We just found out a day and a half ago, and we've been dancing a marathon at All My Children ever since," the actress, 62, stated at Thursday's New York City Feed the Children's Daytime Gives Back event. "So, we're all walking around in shock."

What's Lucci's game plan for moving from New York (where AMC stops filming in December) to Los Angeles (where it starts up again January 4th)? "I don't know ... I love the show and I love playing Erica [Kane]," says the Scarsdale native who even went to college in New York. "But I'm just now going to have a couple of days off. It's a lot to think about."

Not that she's against switching coasts. "Everybody understands that it's a huge vote of confidence on the part of ABC ... it's going to be a great move for the show."

But still, "It's overwhelming," she admits. "I'm a New Yorker. My family is here. I love this city. So I have a lot to think about. "

No comments: