Monday, August 31, 2009

“Hung” Star Thomas Jane on Size

I've become a HUGE fan of Thomas Jane ever since I started watching his new hit show: HBO’s Hung about a high school coach who moonlights as a male prostitute. He, the character anyway, has a very large penis.

Thomas, who is married to the beautiful Patricia Arquette, has done a fun Q&A with http://www.uinterview.com/ and I wanted to share a bit of it:

Q: Why do think the show has resonated with people so much?
A: Yeah, they are a little insecure about their penises. We are born to be insecure about [our] penises. I was actually quite happy with mine until I did Hung. Now I don’t know what to think of it, maybe I’m not big enough. I was basically really happy with mine, now I’ve got all these iss
ues and I have to go see a shrink. [laughs] It’s a unique scenario playing a man with a large penis. I didn’t know my penis was going to be famous along with me! If I had known he was going to be famous, I would have treated him better in my younger years – I wouldn’t have rubbed him on the carpet so much and gotten that horrible rug burn. I would have treated him a lot better.

Q: What are some of the challenges working on set with all of the sex scenes?
A: I feel very comfortable naked. I just feel comfortable when I’m nude. So I shoot in the nude, which becomes a problem during the teaching scenes – you have to add in the clothes digitally later. Those computer guys like a challenge.

Q: Do you get lots strange reactions from your fans?
A: I know now what it’s like to be a woman because I now have to say during a conversation, ‘Hey my eyes are up here!’ They don’t even know that they are doing this. They look at me like they would someone on TV – ‘No actually I can see you too, this reality thing goes both ways.’
Read the entire interview at www.UInterview.com.

No comments: