Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sandra Bullock was Bullied in School

Sandra Bullock dreaded school as a kid because she was teased by bullies for wearing frumpy clothes bought in Germany.

The Speed actress and her younger sister Gesine regularly accompanied their mother Helga, a German opera singer, as she travelled from their home in Virginia to perform in Europe.

But the constant travel abroad left Bullock clueless as to what was fashionable in her native U.S.

The star recalls, "I would make the switch on the plane from speaking English to German or vice versa, depending on whichever country we were going to...

"I'd come back (to school) from Europe and I looked like a clown compared to the cool way the other students looked and dressed. So I got my ass whooped a little bit. Kids are mean, and the sad thing is that I can still remember the first and last names of every one of those kids who were mean to me!"

But Bullock insists she wouldn't trade her worldly education: "I loved the travelling and it made me unafraid at an early age of stepping into different countries and cultures."

No comments: