Tuesday, July 14, 2009

First the Tonys, Now the Emmys for
Neil Patrick Harris

Okay, Oscars: fair warning. This year's Tonys host Neil Patrick Harris is going to emcee the September 20th Emmy Awards, it was officially announced Monday after word slipped out July 2nd.

"After having had such a hoot hosting the Tonys, I was thrilled to get the call about the primetime Emmys," said the How I Met Your Mother star, 36, the Associated Press reports.

As for "adding my own voice" to the proceedings, which honors TV's best, Harris wonders, "But which voice to choose? I'm torn between gangsta, foppish Brit and robot. Really proud of my robot. We'll see what happens on the night."

The Emmys will air live from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Before he hosted awards shows, Harris, who has done Broadway, rose to fame as the bright teen doctor on the classic Doogie Howser, M.D. He also lampooned his own image in the Harold and Kumar movies.

No comments: