Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Channing Tatum Goes Shirtless for GQ

G. I. Joe never looked this good.

Channing Tatum, who stars in next month's G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra, based on the popular toy line, shows off his action hero body in a sexy photo shoot for the August issue of GQ.

The actor, 29, says he got in shape for the shoot by adhering to a strict meal plan: "just chicken and broccoli and brown rice. Four times a day. And egg whites."

Tatum, who wed Jenna Dewan on Saturday, tells the magazine that the Step Up costar is "the love of my life."

He and Dewan tried to keep their wedding as low-key as possible. Tatum told his relatives, "Wear whatever you want. Wear jeans if you want ... Don't go renting tuxedos."

Though he is being hailed as Hollywood’s next big thing, Tatum, says he is a small-town Southern boy at heart. "I got crazy lucky," he says. "Sometimes I think I won the lottery."

No matter how big he gets, Tatum promises to never forget his Wetumpka, Ala., roots. "I love the smell of country," he says, "[Alabama] is just one of those really quiet places. There’s real folks here."

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra is out August 7th.

No comments: