Friday, April 24, 2009

Jennifer Lopez: Emme Has My Attitude, Max Has My Mouth

Jennifer Lopez says her 14-month-old daughter Emme has some divalike tendencies – and guess where she learned them?

"We call her Emme-tude because we're like, 'She's giving us Emme-tude right now,' " Lopez, 39, tells Rachael Ray in an interview scheduled to air on her talk show today. "She gets that from her dad. I'm kidding – she gets it from me."

As for twin son, Max, Lopez says she and husband Marc Anthony think he also favors his mother in some ways. "Me and Marc are always claiming he's got my head and he's got my mouth," she says.

"You want it all to be you," Lopez says, adding, [Emme's] got my little body." "That's the nature of who we are; we can't help it. We're both trying to steal it all."

One thing Lopez enjoys most, she says, is perceiving the unique qualities of each child. "They're very different," she says. "You can really see it, even from when they're really young."

How would she describe Max? "He's more like the visceral boy – running, knocking things down, eating," Lopez says.

And Emme?

"She takes a step and stops and picks things up and she's like 'I don't know, maybe I'll eat this.' … She’s really kind of indecisive but at the same time very precise."

Ever doting, Lopez says she made a big to-do about the kids' first birthday in February. "We did it in my backyard in L.A.," she says. "We had a BBQ/carnival type thing. Nothing like Mommy Dearest ... It was more just like we had snow cones and a little jumpy."

"They had the best time at their birthday party," she says. "I didn't think a 1-year-old could have fun at a birthday party. But they did; they loved it. I think I did a good job, and they’re going to remember."

No comments: