Wednesday, April 22, 2009

American Idol's Top 7 (Again) Live Performance Show

Yesterday, was an AMAZING night on the American Idol stage. All of the seven remaining contestants had great performances. Some more original than others.

But the night was stolen by three incredible and original performances including Adam Lambert's "If I Can't Have You" from the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, Allison Iraheta's rendition of Donna Summer's "Hot Stuff", and Kris Allen's performance of another Donna Summer classic (and my least favorite song from the Disco queen) "She Work's Hard For The Money". They were my top three choices of the night.

Now, this does not mean that "dreamy eyes" Danny Gokey is no longer one of my favorites. His performance of Earth Wind and Fire's "September" was very uplifting and enjoyable, it's just Adam, Allison and Kris were extremely original and performed their songs as if they were already superstars.

Anoop Desai's performance "Dim All The Lights", the third Donna Summer hit sung last night, was also delightful to the ear (except for the last note).

Unfortunately, because Matt Giraud was saved by the judges last week, tonight TWO of the remaining seven will be eliminated from the competition and in my opinion the bottom two are Matt and Lil Rounds. I hate to see Lil go before Anoop, but her choice of song (Chaka Khan's "I'm Every Woman" was the wrong one for her). Why she did not sing a Donna Summer or Thelma Houston classic beats me.

For the live results, make sure you tune into FOX tonight at 9:00 pm (ET). David Archuleta will be performing and I have a strong feeling we will have a surprise guest performance by the Disco Queen, Donna Summer.

No comments: