Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Meet Josh Kloss: The Hot Guy in Katy Perry's Latest Video

You've seen him – and, admit it, drooled over that body – in Katy Perry's new video for "Teenage Dream," but there's more to a man than his six-pack. So, just who is this hot-looking guy steaming up the small screen?

He's Josh Kloss: An actor (he appeared on several episodes of The O.C. in 2003), a musician, and yes, he's available. Especially if you're in some sort of trouble.

"I'm a terrible dater," says Kloss, 29. "More of a romantic 'hero/damsel in distress' type of guy. Right now in my life I'm working on the hero."

Here's what else you need to know about the valiant rising star.


1. Katy Perry Impressed Him
Working with Perry on her music video, "I was surprised by her acting chops," says Kloss. "I think she's a great artist, and the entire set was filled with magic. It was a lot of fun." On the big screen, Kloss says he looks up to Daniel Day-Lewis, Brad Pitt and a young John Travolta. "I like the intensity that they've brought to the screen. Reminds me of James Dean's influence."

2. He Used To Be a Cowboy
"My childhood was hard," says Kloss, who was born in Portland, Ore. "I was a cowboy and put to work at a young age. But I would never be where I am today if I was raised any other way." His unique upbringing also made him outdoorsy. "To this day," he says, "one of my favorite pastimes is camping with friends and family."

3. He Loves Old School Tunes ...
Before moving to Hollywood to be in a band and to become an actor, Kloss studied vocal performance in college. "I love to sing and listening to old school jazz artists like Chet Baker," he says.

4. ... And Simple Pleasures
"I love Kentucky Fried Chicken," Kloss reveals. "I worked there for several years as a teen and still consider it one of my favorite foods." Other faves? "I like pool and Frisbee," he says, adding, "crochet and golf rock!"

5. He Doesn't Have a Strict Workout Routine. Seriously.
Hate him a little now? "Just like everyone else, I wish I had a committed routine, but life and spare time are unpredictable," he says. But those abs had to come from somewhere, no? "I really just try to eat wise proportions," he adds. "And when I do work out, I train like it's the last time I'll get a chance!"

Here's the "Teenage Dream" video:

No comments: