Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Did Modern Family's Sofia Vergara Fulfill Emmy Pledge to Run Nude in Hollywood?

Forget red. Modern Family is so thrilled with their Emmy win, they may have painted the town nude.

"Listen, I'm not afraid of anything. I'm Colombian," Sofia Vergara, 38, told Access Hollywood about streaking on one of the busiest streets in Hollywood.

The team behind the hit ABC comedy publicly – through an ad in the trade papers – stated in July that Vergara would "run naked down Sunset Blvd." if the show won outstanding comedy at Sunday's Emmys.

The ad did, however, in tiny print, have a disclaimer that the "cast member may change without notice," but Vergara says she's one to make good on an offer – and even claimed she'd already done the run.

"Yes, I mean, I'm fast. I run fast," she told a skeptical Billy Bush after the show won the award. "They zipped me and they sent me to do press."

Backing up her story: Vergara's Modern Family costar Julie Bowen. "When we went back to the press room, she had made a left turn and we all made a right turn," Bowen said. "So for about 20 minutes, she was missing."

When she returned, Bowen says Vergara replied that she "went to run nude down Sunset Boulevard. No one was there. So I did it. It's over … 'No one said I had to do it at a certain time.' "

Bowen also promised she'd do the deed if she won for best supporting actress. "Luckily that did not happen," she says. "I've never been so happy to lose in my life!"

No comments: