Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cher Discusses her Upcoming Album

The amazing and iconic Cher is making a return to the big-screen this November in the sequin fever dream Burlesque, opposite fellow pop star Christina Aguilera. But the diva is also beginning to plot out her next album, which has her working with hitmaker Diane Warren (Aerosmith’s “I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing”; Celine Dion’s “Because You Loved Me”). Warren also wrote one of Cher’s two big Burlesque tunes, the big power ballad “You Haven’t Seen the Last of Me.”

The 64-year-old diva says that fans shouldn’t expect the same dance music heard on her 1998 album, Believe, which featured the titular blockbuster single. “It really won’t be Believe-ish,” she says. “It will be more…I don’t know how to say it. I can’t put a genre to it. It’s a little bit more real instruments, like guitars and stuff like that.” Don’t get too excited Cher fans: the singer admits she’s still very early in the recording process.

Says Cher, “I just got some of the songs and I’m just learning [them] so I’m kind of at that beginning stage where you’re taking baby steps.”


No release date has been confirmed for her forthcoming CD.

No comments: