Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tammy Etheridge Says Her Split with Melissa is Not Mutual or Amicable

Melissa Etheridge may have told Oprah Winfrey that her breakup with Tammy was "as mutual as those things can be," but the singer's former partner is now publicly disagreeing.

"I did not go anywhere, honey. And you and I both know it," the former Tammy Lynn Michaels, 35, wrote on her blog Thursday. She does not mention her ex by name, but refers to her "wife" in the post. "Please stop telling the press it was mutual."

In the post titled "no more censorship for me?", Tammy writes that her relationship with Etheridge, 48, "didn't work out. You evolved. You needed to be happy – but really you withdrew your hands from family and intimacy to pluck those strings more."

Referring to Etheridge's new album Fearless Love, Tammy writes that when she first heard the new music, she felt like it was a "break up album."

"You laughed and laughed," the post continues. "I heard [the song "Fearless Love"] and I got sick. 'That's your break up song with me' I said to you. You got so angry, with me, remember? And stomped off."

"My birthday rolled around, the holidays. And me and the twins sat right there waiting," she writes. "I saw you with your new friends. You wear them so well."

"I still love that damn woman so much. I'm still trying to stop," she adds. "I had a dream where honey and I were fighting and going to get a divorce and I woke up sobbing then I realized, oh, it's true."

"There is my truth as of today," Tammy writes at the end of the post, before signing off with "Home again. Home again. Feeling true. Feeling honest."

Melissa's rep could not be reached for comment.

No comments: