Friday, May 28, 2010

Lee DeWyze on Winning Idol: "This is Insane!"

Before celebrating his American Idol win with friends and family during an afterparty at Hollywood’s Sky Bar, season 9 champ Lee DeWyze revealed his shock to People Magazine.
I’m just taking it all in,” the Chicago-native said just after the big finale show. “Now I get to go make an album and tour. I can’t believe this right now. This is insane!”

Wrapped in emotion, tears came to DeWyze’s eyes when Ryan Seacrest announced he was the winner. “It hit me on stage because when you try out you imagine that happening,” says the singer, 24. “I appreciate every moment and thank fans so much for sticking with me through the ups and the downs of the season.”

Of his runner-up, Crystal Bowersox, DeWyze had nothing but praise for the mom from Elliston, Ohio. “I told her she deserves it as much as I do,” he says. “She’s going to do great things.”

But DeWyze admits he is relieved the competition is over. “It feels like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders,” he says. “I’m not saying to myself, ‘What am I going to sing next week?’ ”

A moment you didn’t see on TV? DeWyze led the audience in a final round of applause for exiting judge Simon Cowell. “It was a bigger moment because of that for everybody,” he adds. “It was a night I will never forget.”

No comments: