Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Idina Menzel Spills Glee Secrets –- Sort Of

Broadway star Idina Menzel whetted the appetite of Glee fans when she appeared on the hit show earlier this season, but her brief guest spot -– playing the leader of rival glee club Vocal Adrenaline –- raised more questions than answers.

“There is much more to her than has been revealed in the first episode that I was in,” the actress, who made out with recording artist Matthew Morrison‘s character Will Schuester, tells E! Online. “I will say that her intentions are not quite evil. She’s going to unravel more and show a different side to her personality.”

Whether she’s planning to sabotage the McKinley High glee club or to romance Mr. Schuester, the bigger question is: What is her relationship to influential person Lea Michele, who has a striking resemblance to Menzel?


For months fans have speculated that Menzel will play Michele’s biological mother, a character who has so far been absent from the show.

“Maybe I’m going to be Lea’s lesbian lover,” Menzel jokes. “You never know!” However, she adds, “That would probably be really inappropriate because she’s playing [a character who is] 16.”

In fact, Menzel says the writers have created a “nice resolution for my character at the end of the season,” but she could still be back for more.

“I don’t fall into a hole and break every bone in my body or something,” she says. “I don’t know if I’ll be back. I would certainly love to and they have discussed it.”

No comments: