Friday, May 28, 2010

Adam Lambert Clears Up Rumors: “I Was Never Asked to Appear on the [American Idol] Finale in any Capacity”

There was no Adam Lambert on Wednesday night’s bloated American Idol finale.

Guess it was more important to have The Bee Gees, Alice Cooper, Joe Crocker etc (and to let Janet Jackson sing TWO numbers) than to give the stage to one of the biggest stars the show has ever produced and one of the strongest mentors all season.

Adam knows there are all kinds of stories out there so he took to Twitter to clear them up. Here it is, straight from the horse’s mouth:

1. HAHA. I have now just been made aware of more gossip and rumormill: First of all, i was never asked to appear on the finale in any capacity.

2. All i ever heard was:”you’ve not been asked to perform on finale.Would you l…ike to sit in the audience?” Me:sorry-Too much work to do today.

3. Sick of certain journalists and jealous people in the industry trying to stir up bullshit drama. Must not be getting laid. GET A LIFE! HAHA

4. sad that Im forced to defend myself bout situation no one pointing fingers knew any factual details about. Im working so hard on this tour!!

5. Would have loved 2 have been at the Idol Finale to wish Simon farewell and support the finalists, but this tour for my fans is my priority.

6. 2nd: I DID come down w a throat bug most likely caught on my flight back from this past weekends’ concert in Boston.

7. was put on vocal rest yesterday from MY show’s rehearsals which doubled the work 2 do 2day since all equip. had 2 be sent back east tonight.

8. …music programmer, band and dancers and created all day. I’m so excited to get to work w such an amazing team to bring my vision to life!

9. Im blessed 2 be so busy & thrilled to take my nearly SOLD OUT tour on the road promoting love, diversity, peace, bravery & pride.Oh n’ GLAM

10. and thanks for your words of support true fans! Dont worry, i just had to get it off my chest (publically) Im totally over it now.

No comments: