Monday, May 17, 2010

Desperate Housewives Big Return on Finale

SPOILER ALERT: If you have yet to watch last night’s Desperate Housewives finale, stop reading now. I repeat, if you have yet to watch last night’s Desperate Housewives finale, stop reading now. Everyone else, onward and downward…

In last night’s Desperate Housewives season finale, the show welcomed back — as a series regular — Mark Moses as literal lady killer Paul Young. But that’s old news. Here’s some new news: When we return to Wisteria Lane next fall, he just might be joined by the amazing Harriet Samson Harris as his victim’s vigilante sister, Felicia.

“There was some talk about [me coming back] a year ago,” Moses tells me. “And there’s often talk in Hollywood. Sometimes it pans out, sometimes it doesn’t. I don’t get super-excited about a ‘maybe’ in this town, because there are lots of maybes that don’t happen. But then this last year they called up my agent and said, ‘We’re really thinking seriously about [this].’ And eventually, they made an offer, and I was very pleased.”Viewers are likely to be stoked, too. Though, as Moses notes, “the creative aspect of [Paul's 'homecoming'] remains to be seen… I doubt I’ll come back as a reformed prisoner.”

Indeed, the character won’t endear himself to the ‘hood by moving into the house that a down-and-out Mike and Susan are forced to vacate.”He was guilty of killing Felicia's sister,” he adds, “but not of killing Felicia, who then disappeared to frame him for her murder. So if Felicia shows up, that exonerates Paul. And that’s probably why he’s out of prison. I don’t think he escaped.”

So can the actor confirm that his on-screen foil is also on her way back? “I think it would be great if Harris rejoined the cast as well,” he hedges, “but I have no idea.”

In any event, Moses’ second coming on Desperate Housewives won’t impact his steady gig, playing Mad Men‘s Duck Phillips. “Mad Men shoots at different times,” he notes, “so it wasn’t an issue.”

No comments: