Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stardom Became Sweeter than Candy for Madonna

Madonna says she had quite the sugar tooth when she was younger, and even wanted to work in a candy shop so she never had to be without a tasty treat. The singer is now known for her healthy lifestyle, but that wasn't always the case.

The 51-year-old star revealed: "My dream was always to work in a candy store. It was because of my obsession with candy. I’m not obsessed anymore, now that my teeth are all rotten! I did go to a university for a year and there was a candy shop that I used to go to all the time, an old-fashioned one where all the candy was in these big glass jars. I used to go in there and look at all the candy and think, ‘God, it would be really cool to work in here; I could have candy whenever I wanted.’"

However, Madonna’s ambitions changed when she moved to New York in the '70s and decided she wanted to be a pop star, no matter what it took. She said: "When I moved to the Big Apple, that was when I knew that that’s what I was going to do, be a singer and a songwriter and an entertainer. I didn’t care if I had to starve, and live in a room with five guys, and wash in a sink; that was what I’m going to do. And because I lived a pretty dismal life and I didn’t care.”

No comments: